Investor Venture Capital
Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Program was launched in 2015 and continues to remain a Pilot Program.
The minimum eligibility requirements for the program are as follows:
- The applicant must have a minimum net worth of at least CDN $10 million acquired through business or investment activities
- The funds obtained through inheritance or through the sale of your primary residence do not qualify
- The applicant must obtain a due diligence (source of funds) report from a designated company (for example: KPMG LLP, PricewaterhouseCoopers, BDO USA, LLP, Deloitte Forensic Inc.) at the second stage of the application.
- The applicant must be able to communicate in English or French in CLB level 5 (IELTS test results must be less than two years old).
- The applicant must have a post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate of at least one year (ECA report is mandatory) unless the applicant’s personal net worth is more than $50 million.
At the end of the process, if your application approved, you will be required to make to make an non-guaranteed investment of $2 million in the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital (IIVC) Fund for approximately 15 years. At the end of the investment term you will be able to receive proceeds, but there is no guarantee of a return.
If you would like to know whether you could be eligible to immigrate to Canada as an investor or under other programs, we invite you to complete our online assessment questionnaire: On-line Assessment Questionnaire
Last updated: 18.03.2016